Do you have what it takes to replace Offaly's Jennifer as the Rose of Tralee?
Following Offaly Rose Jennifer Byrne's win in the 2017 Rose of Tralee, the Rose Centre in Offaly is anticipating a busy few months, heading around the country and the world.
They are now taking applications for the 2018 as Rose Centres around the world begin the search for the next International Rose of Tralee.
It's been more than six months since Jennifer Byrne lit up the stage at the Dome in Tralee, going on to take the crown, becoming the first Offaly Rose ever to do so in the process.
She has been involved in a number of campaigns and events since, including delivering social media messages on World Mental Health Day and judging the recent Primary Science Fair at the RDS.
She begins her tour of the country this week where she will visit Rose Centres, encouraging young women to take part in the famous festival.
An applicant to be a potential Rose of Tralee must:
- Be 18 years of age by January 1st 2018 and will not have reached your 28th birthday on or prior to September 1st 2018.
- Be unmarried or never been married.
- Be female, born in Ireland or an Irish citizen or of Irish origin by virtue of one of your ancestors having been born in Ireland.
- For applicants residing outside the island of Ireland - be living in the region you wish to represent for a minimum of one year and recommend that if selected as the Rose that you will remain resident in this region for the following 12 months.
- Never have previously represented any Centre as a Rose in the Regional Festival or International Rose of Tralee Selection.
- Be available for Rose Selection events and if selected be available for International Festival events.
You can apply online by clicking here.
If you have a story for us, sports news, an event happening in your area, or if you want to submit pictures or videos, contact the Offaly Express team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our Facebook.