Unbelievable items set for auction in aid of sick Offaly woman
A local community group in Offaly has drummed up serious support to host an auction in aid of local woman Fiona Slattery who is currently battling a brain tumour.
The Walsh Island woman, 33, who has a three-year-old daughter, is now wheelchair bound having fought a number of tumours over the last six years.
Locals in Walsh Island have decided to host an auction with items including All-Ireland Football semi-final tickets (Dublin v Tyrone), a signed picture of Offaly's first ever All-Ireland winning captain, Willie Bryan holding the Sam Maguire in 1971, as well as various vouchers, products and memorabilia.
All prizes have been donated by local people and businesses.
The auction will take place during the Hoppers Harvest event in Walsh Island on Sunday, August 13 at 5pm and all support would be greatly appreciated.
Auction items include:
1)A signed picture of Willie Byran holding the Sam Maguire in 1971
2)A signed plaque of Matt Connor
3)A Hurley signed by the 1998 All Ireland winning team
4) 4 premium level tickets for Ireland vs Serbia on the 5th of September
5) 4 premium level tickets for Ireland vs Moldova on the 6th of October
6) A framed Ireland Soccer Jersey
7) A Digger for the day worth €250
8) A pallet of briquettes worth €460
9) 10 bales of Briquettes, 10 bags of Turf , 5 bags of coal
10) A handcrafted Walking Stick
11) A Eamonn Bracken voucher
12) A €200 Moyvalley meats voucher
13) A Kelly's steakhouse voucher
14) A Furey's of Broadford Voucher
15) 2 tickets for the Dublin vs Tyrone semi final
16) A replica Robbie Brady Euro 2016 Jersey
17) An Irish Rugby Jersey
18) A Dundalk 94/95 winning Jersey
19) A Walsh Island Shamrocks 25th Anniversary commemorative Jersey
All items set for auction on the day are on the Walsh Island Development Group Facebook page. Organisers would like to thank everyone who donated items.
If you have a story for us, sports news, an event happening in your area, or if you want to submit pictures or videos, contact the Offaly Express team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through our Facebook.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.