Offaly GAA is on the hunt for a full-time Head of Operations with an advertisement for the position posted on jobs.ie.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing Offaly GAA’s entire commercial operations and the strategic direction of Gaelic Games in the County
The full advertisement can be viewed by clicking here
The ad states, "the Association is constantly responding to the growing and changing needs of our members, players, volunteers and supporters and on this basis is currently recruiting for a Head of Operations to be directly responsible for assisting the Offaly County Executive in formulating the long-term objectives and priorities for the development of our games in Offaly, whilst carrying out duties in relation to the day to day management and operations of the county board’s activities. Offaly GAA has a proud history of success and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to architect and execute a strategy that will position Offaly GAA for sustained success in to the future."
Listed among the duties and responsibilities are the following.
* Manage the operational structure of the county on a day to day basis to include the management and supervision of all full and part-time personnel
* Assist the Chairperson of Offaly GAA with production of an annual operations plan and a framework to enable officers to operate as an effective team
* Responsible for overseeing the project management of capital works for the County
* To act as a conduit between County Executive and Sub-committees by maintaining key lines of communication and build relationships with key local stakeholders and other agencies including recruitment and management of sponsors and partners, and lead a successful County over a sustained period
*Providing the necessary leadership, management, decision making and organisational skills to enhance the county board operation, to develop and implement marketing strategies to develop the county commercially. Identifying and seeking out partnership opportunities for the County with external parties, qualifying those opportunities and developing appropriate approaches to engage the parties professionally presenting the specific opportunity for support
* Responsible for establishing and managing relationships at all levels. Maintain key lines of communication with Clubs, Schools and relevant Community groups, to ensure the effective promotion of Gaelic Games through Club School and Community links
* o assist the County Treasurer with the management of all financial services/operations ensuring that proper governance is in place
* To oversee and assist the Lead Games Development Officer with the management and implementation of the County Games Development Plan(s), and support the Lead Games Development Officer with the identification of individual targets and goals and the evaluation of same on a quarterly basis.
The deadline for application is 3pm on Friday, November 25.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.