Banned from driving after guilty plea at Tullamore District Court
A MAN who works as a farm labourer was disqualified from driving for three years after a guilty plea was entered at a sitting of Tullamore District Court.
Kyle McRedmond (24), The Park, The Hawthorns, Tullamore, admitted drink-driving on September 18 last at Church Road, Tullamore.
Additional charges, which alleged dangerous driving and failing to keep a vehicle at the scene, were withdrawn by Sergeant Brendan Kearns.
Sergeant Kearns said Mr McRedmond had an alcohol concentration of 74 micrograms per 100 millilitres of breath. He had no previous convictions.
Defending solicitor Patrick Martin said his client worked as a farm labourer in Moate and sought a postponement of the driving ban.
READ NEXT: CCTV footage of armed robbery at Offaly pharmacy shown in court
Mr Martin said the man had been attending a function and didn't realise he had that much to drink.
Along with the three-year ban, Judge Andrew Cody fined Mr McRedmond €400 but postponed the activation of the disqualification to March 1 next year.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.