Ciara Hendy and Aoife Breen at the Tullamore Show. Picture: Jeff Harvey
The Tullamore Show & AIB National Livestock Show takes place on Sunday, August 12 and is expected to attract 62,000 visitors this year. Here’s all you need to know about this year’s Tullamore Show & FBD National Livestock Show.
* It will be held on the Butterfield Estate, Blueball, Tullamore, Co. Offaly, Ireland. Site is situated on the N52 Birr road, approx 5 km from the town centre of Tullamore
*Show Headquarters are located at Church St. Tullamore, Co Offaly 05793 52141 or email@example.com
* The Show Grounds open from 6.45am for Exhibitors and 8.30am for the general public on August 12.
* Official Opening will be performed by the Minister for Agriculture & Food at 1pm at main stand
* On the day Adult Ticket are €20; Senior/Student: €15 (ID required); Accompanied children U-12 are free
* Free Shutle Bus from Tullamore Town Centre to Show Grounds
* 20,000 free car parking spaces on site with designated parking for wheelchair users
* Transport will be provided on the day to transport people from the various car parks onto the showground’s
* A full traffic plan in place - CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
* Details on accommodation in the area are available at www. tullamoreshow.com
* Full Food and Bar Facilities on site. Outdoor and Indoor catering available
* There are 1,000 competition classes
* The total prize fund for the Tullamore Show & FBD National Livestock Show is €175,000
* There will be more than 700 trade stands
* The terrain is uneven so dress appropriately. It’s never a bad idea to bring the wellies
* Over 3km of trackway will be in place
* First Aid Area and ambulance on site
* Baby Changing Facilities available. Toilets for mothers with buggies. Wheelchair accessible toilets also on site
* Balloons not allowed on site for safety reasons - they might frighten the animals.
* Parents are asked to write their phone number on child’s arm
* There is a Children’s Entertainment Area on site
* Bandstand Area with seating and danceﬂoor. Live music starts at 10am
* Pets to be kept on leash at all times
* The show has more than 600 voluntary stewards who help out on the day.
* 300,000 sq/ft of Tented Village
* Over 260 acres of Show ground area