Offaly woman to start for Ireland in French Six Nations clash
Offaly's Nichola Fryday is set to start for the Ireland Women’s team named to play France in Energia Park on Saturday evening.
Fryday moves to number five with Aoife McDermott replacing the injured Juliet Short in the second row.
In the replacements, Megan Williams is also ruled out through injury. Beibhinn Parsons, who made her debut in the Women’s November Series, comes in at 23.
With over 4,300 tickets sold the match is on course for a record attendance for a Women’s Six Nations game in Energia Park. A limited number of tickets are still available on ticketmaster.ie.
The game kicks off at 7pm on Saturday, March 9 in Donnybrook.
Ireland Women's team to play France Women:
15. Lauren Delany (Firwood Waterloo Ladies/IQ Rugby)
14. Eimear Considine (UL Bohemians/Munster)
13. Enya Breen (UL Bohemians/Munster) *
12. Sene Naoupu (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
11. Alison Miller (Old Belvedere/Connacht)
10. Nicole Fowley (Galwegians/Connacht)
9. Kathryn Dane (Old Belvedere/Ulster)
1. Laura Feely (Galwegians/Connacht)
2. Deirbhile Nic a Bhaird (UL Bohemians/Munster)
3. Fiona Reidy (UL Bohemians/Munster)
4. Aoife McDermott (Railway Union/Leinster)
5. Nichola Fryday (Galwegians/Connacht)
6. Ciara Griffin (UL Bohemians/Munster) (capt)
7. Claire Molloy (Wasps)
8. Claire McLaughlin (Old Belvedere/Ulster)
16. Emma Hooban (St. Mary’s/Leinster)
17. Lindsay Peat (Railway Union/Leinster)
18. Linda Djougang (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
19. Anna Caplice (Richmond)
20. Claire Boles (Railway Union/Ulster)
21. Nicole Cronin (UL Bohemians/Munster)
22. Ellen Murphy (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
23. Beibhinn Parsons (Ballinasloe/Connacht)
* Denotes uncapped player at this level