Offaly GAA offer interns chance to work with squads under new programme
Offaly GAA are offering a number of flexible 3-9 months Strength & Conditioning Internships with a variety of squads.
The Intern will play a role in the implementation of S&C support with Offaly GAA under the guidance of the full-time performance staff.
The intern will work as part of a team, in conjunction with other full-time and voluntary personnel, to deliver the Offaly GAA performance support objectives.
Under the guidance of Offaly GAA performance staff, the post holder will play an active role in: Delivery of strength & conditioning programs for various teams; Performance coaching; Monitoring and testing athletes.
There is a number of opportunities with various squads depending on the availability of the successful candidate(s).
- Design & delivery of strength & conditioning programs as designed by Performance GDA David Hare.
- Assist in the regular fitness testing for development squad players.
- Liaise with County Games Development Personnel & attend meetings and personnel training as required, to support the development of the function & the role.
- Update & monitor the Smartabase Player Monitoring System.
- The candidate should have a keen interest in strength & conditioning.
- The candidate should be a member of an Offaly GAA club.
- Foundation or Award 1 GAA Coaching Course would be an advantage.
- Good administrative & IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages & systems.
- Good communication & presentation skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects & deadlines; hands-on approach to getting things done.
- Access to own transport
Please note these positions are subject to Garda Vetting.
The successful candidate will receive full training and mentoring by S&A coach David Hare for this role. The candidate will also receive a qualification in Resistance Training for Youth GAA Players.
Candidates interested in the above positions should apply by filling out an application form here. After filling out the form David Hare will get in contact with you to organise a short meeting.