Road closures and traffic restrictions will be in place for Ed Sheeran concerts in Dublin
Huge crowds are expected to descend on the Phoenix Park in Dublin on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday for the eagerly anticipated Ed Sheeran concerts.
Gardai will be putting in place a traffic management system on each night and have released information to help concert goers to get to and from the venue. Here's what you need to know if you are heading to one, or all, of the concerts.
* For each of the concerts, doors open at 5pm and no early queuing will be permitted. The stage times for all of the gigs in The Phoenix Park Dublin are as follows: 5:45pm Beoga; 6:30pm Jamie Lawson; 7:30pm Anne Marie; 8:45pm Ed Sheeran
* Gardai recommend that concert goers avail of public transport and Shuttle Bus service to and from the Venue. Heuston Station and Luas stops at Grangegorman and Broombridge are within walking distance of the Concert Venue. There are no parking facilities within or in the environs of the Phoenix Park. There will be a Garda Tow-Away system in operation.
* The Phoenix Park is open to the public with restricted access to the concert site during concert days.
* No Parking available within or in the environs of The Phoenix Park.
* Zoo Parking Available pre traffic restrictions/ Road Closures taking affect.
* No Parking on Chesterfield Avenue.
* Tow-away will be in operation.
* Avail of Public Transport / Walk from City Centre.
* Respect local Residents and Businesses.
Marathon Coaches Shuttle Buses to Concert
Marathon Coaches will be providing Shuttle buses to and from the concerts in The Phoenix Park. The collection point will be from 3pm each day at Custom House Quay. The Drop off and collection point from the Phoenix Park will be on Acres Road which is a short walk to the Concert Venue.
Parent Drop Off / Collection
The drop off / collection point for parents are on Auburn Avenue on the left hand side heading towards Castleknock Road and on Conyingham Road. These areas will be policed at all times.
Taxis are to drop off at a designated area on the Castleknock Road (after the junction off Auburn Avenue) unless they are carrying disabled passenger(s) with a pass.
A taxi carrying a disabled passenger(s) will access The Phoenix Park through the Cabra Gate only.
Ianród Éireann will be providing extra trains following the concert from Ashtown Train station inbound to Connolly Station for connections to Dart and other Rail services and outbound journeys
Will have services available at
Outbound - N3 past Halfway House Round about and Victoria Quay
Inbound - on the Navan Road, North Circular Road/Hanlons Corner, Inns Quay
Luas Green Line services will be available from Broombridge and Grangegorman
Luas Red Line inbound and outbound from Museum stop Benburb Street. A queuing system will be in operation at Benburb Street.
* Castleknock road from junction at Auburn Avenue up to Ashtown Gate; Blackhorse Avenue from Ashtown Gate to Nephin Road - 16th, 18th and 19th May 1600 – 0100
* Chesterfield Avenue East Bound in to the city - 16th, 18th and 19th May 1600 – 0100
* Chesterfield Avenue West Bound out to Castleknock - 16th, 18th and 19th May 1800 - 0100
* Parkgate St, Wolfe Tone Quay to Father Mathew Bridge - 16th, 18th and 19th May 2100 - 0100
* Conyngham Road (from Island Bridge to ParkGate Street) - 16th, 18th and 19th May 2100 - 0100
* North Circular Road from Aughrim Street to Infirmary Rd - 16th, 18th and 19th May 2100 - 0100
* North Road from Mountjoy Cross to Ashtown Gate Fully Closed Incl. Sat 12th May -Mon 21st May
* Fountain Road and North Road( From Fountain Road to MountJoy Roundabout - 16th, 18th and 19th May 1600 - 0100
* Ordnance Survey Road - 16th, 18th and 19th May 1600 - 0100
* Acres Road - 16th, 18th and 19th May 1400 - 0100
* Military Road and Glen Road will be open one way from 16th, 18th and 19th May 1600 - 0100
GATES TO BE CLOSED
Cabra Gate 16th, 18th & 19th May 1600 - 0700
Ashtown Gate 16th, 18th & 19th May 1600 - 0700
North Circular Road – Exit Only 16th, 18th & 19th May 1600 - 0700
Knockmaroon Gate – Exit Only 16th, 18th & 19th May 1600 - 0700
Islandbridge Gate – Exit Only 16th, 18th & 19th May 1600 - 0700
STEWARDING OF ESTATES AROUND PHOENIX PARK
Estates around the park will be stewarded by private security and local volunteers. Gardai will also be deployed in these areas to provide support to Security and Volunteers. The security and volunteers will be in constant contact with the event control room where there will be a Garda presence. Residents and local access will be maintained throughout the events on production of appropriate Identification/ proof of address.
It is the intention of the Promoter to return the Phoenix Park to the “as found” condition after the concert. Facilities will be in place to ensure that there is no build−up of refuse in the event site or surrounding area.
A licensed refuse contractor will be engaged by the Promoter to remove waste from the event site. A specialist contractor has been engaged to undertake a clean-up inside the venue immediatly after the event.
Areas outside the venue where affected will be cleaned in accordance with Dublin City Council and Fingal County Council requirements. Litterbins will be distributed around the audience circulation areas in the event site.