The Kia Niro, which made its European debut at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show, arrives in Ireland this month.
Niro is a new low-emissions hybrid crossover, marking the development of Kia’s first dedicated eco-car platform.
The Kia Niro offers the practicality and curbside appeal of a spacious crossover, together with the high fuel efficiency of an advanced hybrid powertrain.
Engineered from the ground up as a dedicated hybrid vehicle, its attractive, modern design will help the car stand out among conservatively-styled hybrid rivals.
The Niro’s new platform has been engineered in isolation from existing Kia models, and is designed to accommodate a specific set of environmentally-conscious technologies and next-generation powertrains. The Niro’s hybrid powertrain – made up of a 1.6-litre GDI (gasoline direct injection) engine, lithium-ion polymer battery pack, 32 kW electric motor and six-speed double-clutch transmission – emits just 88 g/km CO2 (combined), and is capable of using just 3.8 litres of gasoline for every 100 km of driving.
Standard equipment on the Irish EXL model includes
- Sat Nav with Android Auto
Full Leather Heated with heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
- Dual Aircon with Rain Sensor
- Lane Keep Assist
- LED front and rear lights
- Privacy Glass
- Prices Start at €32,200 (€30,700 inc VRT reduction )
- Dedicated hybrid powertrain specifically developed for new model
- CO2 emissions as low as 88 g/km and 3.8 litres per 100 km
- Predictive driving assistance maximises efficiency in all driving conditions available at a later stage
- Lightweight, high-strength steel and aluminium body for maximum safety and low NVH
- Available with advanced DRiVE WISE driver assistance technologies
- Infotainment options to include Kia Connected Services, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
The Kia Niro Hybrid is available to view and test drive at Downey’s Kia, Dublin Road, Portlaoise – 05786 64895.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.