A fire broke out in the Roma chip shop on Main Street in Portarlington last Friday afternoon.
A call was received by the central office of Laois Fire Services at 12pm last Friday and by 12.06pm fire brigades from both Portarlington and Mountmellick were on the scene.
The fire was caused by a deep fat frier on the premises and fire officers were able to contain it using foam extinguishers.
Acting Chief Fire Officer Declan Power told the Offaly Express that the fire was well under control by 1.15.
“The fire was contained but the fire officers stayed around afterwards to make sure everything was okay as the oil would have stayed hot for a while. There was no damage to any other buildings,” he said.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.