A middle aged man has appeared in court charged with an offence which involved sending obscene texts to two girls.
The man, who is not being named for legal reasons, is married and was arrested in Tullamore by Sgt Graham Kavanagh less than half an hour before the recent sitting of Tullamore District Court. He made no reply when charged, Sgt Kavanagh said.
It’s alleged that between October 20 and November 7 last year he sent a large number of texts to the minors.
The offences were reported to Gardaí on November 7 when their parents called to the station.
“Some of the texts were obscene,” said the Sergeant, who had no objection to bail.
The man was granted legal aid and remanded on bail to March 23.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.