Search

28 Jan 2022

Men convicted for illegally travelling to Offaly during Covid lockdown

Men convicted for illegally travelling to Offaly during Covid lockdown

Men convicted for illegally travelling to Offaly during Covid lockdown

Two Dublin men were convicted and fined for being illegally in Tullamore during Covid Level 5 during last week's local court sitting.

Luke Kavanagh and Jackie Kavanagh, both of 7 Nutgrove Crescent, Rathfarnham, Dublin were charged with “Movement of Persons” on the N52 Bypass, Tullamore on February 14 last. At the time Ireland was in a full Level 5 Lockdown which meant you couldn't travel more than 5km from your own house.

Sergeant James O'Sullivan told the court that Luke was driving and Jackie was a passenger. They were travelling to visit their aunt at the time.

Garda Patrick Madden told the court that they weren't visiting their aunt for health reasons because she was in good health at the time.

Judge Catherine Staines convicted and fined both men €200 each.

To continue reading this article for FREE,
please kindly register and/or log in.


Registration is absolutely 100% FREE and will help us personalise your experience on our sites. You can also sign up to our carefully curated newsletter(s) to keep up to date with your latest local news!

Register / Login

Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.

Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.