Gardaí detect Offaly driver well over speed limit in crackdown
Gardaí in Offaly have detected a driver travelling at 124km/h in a 100km/h zone in Tullamore as part of National Slowdown Day.
The driver was picked up breaking the speed limit on the R420 road at Ballyduff, Tullamore, Offaly on Friday.
Since 7am on Friday morning, Gardaí and GoSafe have checked the speed of 105,567 vehicles.
A total of 133 vehicles were detected travelling in excess of the applicable speed limit across the country.
Notable speeds include:
• 82km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the N63 Moylough More Moylough Galway
• 75km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R810 Mount Brown Dublin8 Dublin
• 74km/h in a 50km/h Zone on the R390 Gneevestown Loughnavalley Westmeath
• 94km/h in a 60km/h Zone on the N11 Stillorgan Road Stillorgan Dublin
• 72km/h in a 60km/h Zone on the R113 Belgard Road Dublin24 Dublin
• 69km/h in a 60km/h Zone on the R362 Monksland Athlone Roscommon
• 104km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the R148 Moyvally Broadford Kildare
• 99km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the R690 Killaghy Mullinahone Tipperary
• 99km/h in a 80km/h Zone on the R445 Morristown Upper Newbridge Kildare
• 128km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N20 Kilmona Grenagh Cork
• 126km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the R448 Prumpelstown Upper Castledermot Kildare
• 125km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N2 Reaghstown Ardee Louth
• 124km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the R420 Ballyduff Tullamore Offaly
• 124km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N18 Cratloekeel Cratloe Clare
• 123km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N3 Daggan Cavan Cavan
• 118km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the R639 Raheen Cahir Tipperary
• 117km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N25 Ballyadam Carrigtwohill Cork
• 115km/h in a 100km/h Zone on the N25 Luffany Glenmore Kilkenny
• 134km/h in a 120km/h Zone on the M9 Woodlands East Castledermot Kildare
Gardaí advise, "adjust your speed to all the prevailing road, traffic and weather conditions and protect your community by making the choice to abide by every speed limit to make the roads safer for all."