Prosecution at Tullamore District Court
A MAN with a previous disqualification from driving was banned again more than 10 years later.
Along with a two-year driving ban, Judge Andrew Cody fined Simon Patrick Beale (34), Pound Street, Birr, €500.
Garda Damien Donohue told Tullamore District Court he stopped Mr Beale driving a 2007 Offaly registered Volkswagen Passat on the N62 road at Derrinlough on July 19 last year and documents were not produced subsequently at a garda station.
Garda Donohue said Mr Beale had 11 previous convictions, including two for uninsured driving dating from 2014 and he had once been disqualified.
Defending solicitor Patrick Martin said Mr Beale was a father of one who had recently purchased the car and was taking it to get some work done on it.
Subscribe or register today to discover more from DonegalLive.ie
Buy the e-paper of the Donegal Democrat, Donegal People's Press, Donegal Post and Inish Times here for instant access to Donegal's premier news titles.
Keep up with the latest news from Donegal with our daily newsletter featuring the most important stories of the day delivered to your inbox every evening at 5pm.