ŠKODA is pressing ahead with its model campaign with the launch of the new ŠKODA Octavia Scout which will be celebrating its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show.
ŠKODA Ireland has confirmed August as the launch date of the Octavia Scout in dealerships nationwide with prices starting from under €30,000 for the 2.0TDI 150bhp 4X4.
The new version of the Octavia Scout has a new and improved off-road look and includes the all-wheel drive technology, with traction, climbing and start-up performance all significantly improved.
“With our changeable weather conditions more drivers are interested in opting for our 4x4 models and this new Scout is the most advanced we have seen yet from ŠKODA,” said Raymond Leddy, Head of Marketing and Product for ŠKODA Ireland.
The new ŠKODA Octavia Scout is based on the Octavia Combi and is characterized by a powerful, Scout-specific appearance.
Both the front and rear feature powerful, black bumpers with silver-coloured off-road attachments.
The front features a wide air intake and sharply-embossed fog lights. The door sills and wheel arches are also in black panelling, in addition to the black protective side mouldings.
The ground clearance has increased by 33 millimetres compared to the standard Octavia. 17-inch alloy wheels are fitted as series standard. In the interior there is a 3-spoke multi-function leather steering wheel and attractive features, designed especially for the Scout.
State-of-the-art all-wheel drive technology, based on the Haldex-5 coupling, and new technological features make the new model the best Octavia Scout ever. The traction has increased by 25% to up to two tonnes.
In addition, the start-up performance and climbing power of the all-rounder has significantly improved. Thanks to the larger approach/departure angles, the Czech car masters even steeper, more challenging terrain.
With the launch of the new Octavia Scout, ŠKODA Ireland now boast one of the largest 4X4 model offerings in Ireland along with the Yeti 4X4, Octavia 4x4, Superb 4X4 and now this new Scout model to complete the line-up.
ŠKODA AUTO is one of the longest-established vehicle production companies in the world. Since 1895, the Czech headquarters in Mladá Boleslav has seen the production firstly of bicycles and then, shortly afterwards motorbikes and cars.
- currently has seven passenger car models: Citigo, Fabia, Roomster/Praktik, Rapid, Octavia, Yeti and Superb.
- delivered around 920,800 vehicles to customers worldwide in 2013.
- has belonged to Volkswagen since 1991. The VW Group is one of the most successful automotive groups in the world. ŠKODA, in association with the Group, - independently manufactures and develops vehicles, as well as components, engines and gear transmissions.
- operates at three locations in the Czech Republic, produces in China, Russia, Slovakia and India mainly through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan through local partners.
- employs over 26,400 people globally and is active in more than 100 markets.