THE new Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4, the world’s first full diesel electric hybrid, will be launched in Ireland in December 2011, in time for January 2012. The environmentally friendly, ground-breaking car introduces a combination of diesel and electric power and delivers a real breakthrough in technology and driving performance. Available to pre-order in Ireland from 1st December for 2012, full prices and specifications for this multi-award winning vehicle will be announced in late October.
HYbrid4 technology delivers low consumption and CO2, without compromising driving enjoyment. With four driving modes on offer (Auto, Zero Emission Vehicle, Sport and 4WD), a 2.0 HDi FAP 163bhp diesel engine drives the front wheels and is matched to a 37bhp electric motor on the rear axle. The sophisticated Power Train Management Unit activates the electric motor and the diesel engine in a balanced manner. The electric motor takes over in phases of lower power demands, particularly when starting up or driving at low speeds and decelerating (energy regeneration).
Peugeot’s 3008 HYbrid4 has gained two major awards prior to launch; Diesel Car Magazine awarded it Best Eco Car of the Year 2011 and What Car? Magazine presented Peugeot with a Green Car Award 2011 for the SUV category.
Strong demand for the Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 is expected in Ireland and sales are expected to reach up to 100 units in 2012.
• The service interval of a 3008 Hybrid4 is the same as a 3008 2.0 HDi – i.e. 30,000km in normal use
• The high-voltage batteries require no maintenance and have a service life equivalent to that of the vehicle
• The batteries have a guarantee for five years, as does the hybrid power train system
• Maintenance of the 3008 Hybrid4 is not therefore any more expensive than a conventional 3008
• The electric range offers up to 4km from a standing start or up to 280km with a full tank of diesel on a 900km journey in Auto Mode
• The diesel engine is stopped for 2/3 of the time in the city and for 1/3 of the time on main roads (on average and depending on driving style).