NAMED recently as Continental Irish Compact Family Car of the Year 2012, the new Ford Focus has become the first ever car to receive four Euro NCAP Advanced safety rewards after its Driver Alert and Forward Alert technologies were honoured.
The rewards come a month after new Ford Ranger achieved an historic first by becoming the only pickup to receive a maximum 5 Star safety rating from Euro NCAP. Ranger also achieved the highest score ever recorded by Euro NCAP for pedestrian protection.
“At Ford Motor Company we are committed to providing outstanding levels of safety for vehicle occupants, and it is immensely gratifying to have received two more Euro NCAP Advanced rewards with the new Ford Focus,” said Stephen Odell, chairman and CEO, Ford of Europe.
Euro NCAP Advanced rewards were introduced in 2010 to recognize car manufacturers who make available new safety technologies. Ford is one of only two manufacturers to hold four of these rewards and the only manufacturer to achieve this with one product.
In Laois your Number One Ford dealer is Downey’s.
* Ford was the No in Laois for car and van sales in 2011, which was the tenth year in a row for them to be No 1.
* This is the 25th year that Downey’s have been selling Ford cars and vans in Laois.
* Downey’s added the Kia franchise eight years ago. Kia is renowned for their 7 Year Warranty.
* Downeys also have a fully equipped service centre which can carry out service and repair to any make or model.
* Downey’s have a free fit tyre and exhaust centre, a Ford approved crash repair centre and they are approved for crash repair work for most of the major insurance companies.
* Downey’s also operate a 24 hour Centra shop and Texaco fuel outlet.