Applications now open for FAI's Sports Capital Programme
The FAI are reminding clubs around Ireland, including Offaly, that the 2017 Sports Capital Programme is now open for applications. Applications are being sought from sports clubs, voluntary and community groups, national governing bodies of sport and local authorities. Third level colleges, Education and Training Boards and schools may only apply for funding jointly with sports clubs. This programme is an ideal opportunity for clubs in Offaly to improve facilities and playing conditions for their players and staff.
What you can apply for:
• Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
• Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
• Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
• Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
• Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
• Modifications to sports facilities to improve access for people with disabilities
• Non-personal sports equipment including gym equipment, lawn mowers and defibrillators. Anything set in the ground (such as goal posts) is not considered equipment
• Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday, February 24, 2017. The online system will be shut down at this time and no late or partial applications will be accepted.
For details on how to register or apply for the 2017 Sports Capital Programme, please go to www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie.
If you have a story for us, sports news, an event happening in your area, or if you want to submit pictures or videos, contact the Offaly Express team via e-mail to email@example.com, or through our Facebook.