Former Offaly County Council Chairman charged with theft and fraud
A former Chairman of Offaly County Concil has been charged with theft and fraud offences.
Gerard Killally appeared in Mullingar District Court on Thursday (April 26) charged with offences relating to a former shop premises he owned in Rochfortbridge.
The former Fianna Fail election candidate was charged with six counts of theft between October 2010 and February 2011.
According to Det Garda Peter Kelly, Mr Killally replied ‘no comment’ when charged with the offences.
The charges relate to theft of shop equipment from The Corner Shop, the property of Christopher Lehane, the High Court’s official assignee in bankruptcies. He was also charged with forging a document and with using a forged document.
- Community lines out for Birr rugby club
- Vechicle testing firm to be sentenced in relation to fatal Offaly bus crash
- Tullamore D.E.W. welcomes over 50 international brand representatives to Visitor Centre
- Offaly get toughest possible draw in qualifiers
- Daniel O’Donnell to make video link appearance at Tullamore at CD Launch
Search for a job
Weather for Tullamore
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 12 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 10 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: West