The Offaly Fleadh Cheoil takes place in Tullamore from Tuesday, May 6 to Sunday, May 11.
There is a packed programme of events right throughout the week with the competitions taking place on the Saturday in the Sacred Heart School
Offaly Fleadh Cheoil, Tullamore 2014 Program of events:
Tuesday, May 6th
* 9pm - Céilí in Durrow Hall – The best of Set and Céilí Dancing * 9.30pm - Music Session in Joe Lee’s. A night of traditional music, song and dance.
Wednesday, May 7th
9.30pm - Traditional Singing Session in Annie Kellys – A must for all lovers of traditional singing.
Thursday, May 8th
* 6.30pm - “Old Friends Remembered” – County Library, Tullamore – A tribute to Bill Daly, Eric Mitchell and Johnny Brady who all passed away recently. * 9.30pm - Music Session in Eugenes – The legendary Thursday night session.
Friday, May 9th
* 7.30pm. Official opening and Dancing Competitions in Tullamore Rugby Club.
Saturday, May 10th
* Competitions begin at 11am in the Sacred Heart Secondary School * Fleadh Mass at 6.30 * Pub Sessions – Various venues
Sunday, May 11th
* Competitions continue at 11am in the Sacred Heart Secondary School * Farewell Session at 9.30 – Venue to be confirmed